Welcome to Take Time to be Still!
Hi! I am Julia and I blog here at Take Time to be Still. I wanted to take a minute to introduce myself, so you can learn a little more about what I envision for this blog.
I am a wife, mother, and part-time online English instructor. I enjoy reading, cooking, baking, being outside, and spending time with my husband and kids! But more than all of that I am first, and foremost, a daughter of God.
About Take Time to be Still
In this blog, I hope to help you take time to be still during the week and find inspiration from the Word, enjoy time with your family as I share our own family adventures, and give you ideas about how to stay on top of that seemingly endless, sometimes monotonous list of things to get done.
Remember, the ideas I share here are things that have worked for me and for our family, but they are not the only way to do things or the only perspective on these issues. I am simply adding my own voice to the conversation, and hoping you will do the same and use my stories to help you find what works best for you and your own family.
A few other fun facts and tidbits about me:
- I was originally an art education major in college.
- I love the Impressionist painters like Monet and Renoir, and the Post-Impressionists. My favorite painter of all time is Vincent van Gogh.
- I am creative but definitely NOT crafty. When it comes to crafts, I tend to start projects with grand dreams and then never finish them because they become too tedious or they just don’t come together the way I envision them. While I envy all those craft bloggers who make crafting look so easy and chic, give me a paint brush and canvas or a camera over a craft project any day!
- One of my favorite books (and one that I’ve ready many, many times) is JRR Tolkien’s The Hobbit.
- I have a B.A. in English-Literature, and an M.A. in English, with a focus on composition and rhetoric.
- Much to my husband’s horror, I am not a fan of twinkies, ho-ho’s or Hostess cupcakes. I much prefer to make my own cakes and sweets!
Well, that’s a little about me! To get updates from Take Time to be Still, be sure to join the e-mail list, follow me on Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter. To get in touch with me directly, go to the Contact Page. Thank you so much for stopping by!